What to Bring on your Summer Trip
- 1 soft style duffle bag (you will be stowing your gear on your own bunk)
- 1 sleeping bag (pillow optional)
- 2 or 3 pairs of pants
- Toiletry items: bio-degradable soap and shampoo, toothbrush, sunscreen etc.
- Rain gear (pants and jacket)
- 1 old pair runners (or deck shoes)
- 1 pair rubber boots (or deck boots)
- 2 or 3 warm sweaters or hoodies
- 1 warm jacket
- 1 swim suit
- 2 to 4 pairs shorts
- 1 toque, hat or cap
- 1 pair gloves (for cool nights and/or hauling lines)
- 4 or 5 shirts or tops
- 1 change of socks and underwear for each day at sea
- Flashlight or head lamp
- 1 pair water-proof sandals (eg. Tevas)
- Plastic bag for wet gear (important)
- 1 pen, 1 pencil and eraser
- Binder with a copy of the Sailor's Handbook plus loose-leaf paper for note taking
- Money to buy some cool SALTS Gear
- Water bottle for shore excursions
- SALTS Log Book if returning from previous voyage
*Due to limited storage space on board, please check with the SALTS office before bringing a large instrument (i.e. guitar)
- Reading material, Bible, camera, musical instrument* and base layer "long john" underwear.
What NOT to bring – IMPORTANT NOTICE
MP3 players, iPods, hand-held video games, chewing gum, alcohol or illegal drugs permitted on board. In addition, in order to preserve the community that is created on board, cell phones and smart phones can only
be used as cameras. A NO SMOKING policy will be in effect both on the ship and during shoreside activities. Please be aware that smoking will NOT be permitted from the time you board until the time you disembark at the end of the trip. Infractions of this policy will lead to your disembarking immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you leave something behind
Any unclaimed or unmarked “Lost and Found” items will be held at the SALTS office until the end of the season (approximately September 30) and will then be donated to a worthy cause.